Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: November 2001:
[Freeciv] Re: New Freeciv Installation problems

To: "'freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: New Freeciv Installation problems
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 10:59:30 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Ghaleed Nortje wrote:
> I had or have still Freeciv 1.11* on my KDE workstation (RH7.1). After not
> being able to connect to servers with v1.12*, I downloaded the correct
> (1.12*) version fro freeciv.org.
>
> I did the install as set out in the Install file and tried to connect to the
> servers (Meta). To my surprise I saw that the client is still v.1.11* and
> obviously could not connect.
>
> Other than not having uninstalled the older version, ('cause I don't know
> how to do that) what would you say could be wrong with my install?

Did you download the RPM version or the tarball (and compiled it
yourself)?

If you downloaded the tarball, you need to remove the old freeciv on your
system. Try "rpm -e freeciv" or "rpm -e freeciv-client". Once you have
done that, you may have to set your PATH to wherever freeciv is located.
Alternatively, download the RPM version instead and upgrade over the old
freeciv.

Yours,
Per