Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: November 2001:
[Freeciv] New Freeciv Installation problems

To: "'freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] New Freeciv Installation problems
From: Ghaleed Nortje <Ghaleed.Nortje@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 08:44:32 +0200

Hi all,

If this is not a Newbie group, then sorry.

I had or have still Freeciv 1.11* on my KDE workstation (RH7.1). After not
being able to connect to servers with v1.12*, I downloaded the correct
(1.12*) version fro freeciv.org.

I did the install as set out in the Install file and tried to connect to the
servers (Meta). To my surprise I saw that the client is still v.1.11* and
obviously could not connect.

Other than not having uninstalled the older version, ('cause I don't know
how to do that) what would you say could be wrong with my install?

Thanks,
Ghaleed