Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: March 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: MATCH

To: Paul Dean <Paul.Dean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: MATCH
From: ghod <ghod@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 19:15:50 -0500

Paul Dean wrote:

> ghod <ghod@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > please use REAL e-mail names if you want REAL replies..
>
> I wanted a reply in the discussion group, not by e-mail.
>
> > and the answer is........ if front of the general pulbic... (BTW easy to
> > find on your own!!)
> >
> > EST = -5 hours from GMT so that would be 11 PM GMT
>
> Thanks for the info.  America is not the centre of the world, btw.

ok it's not the center but 80% of the users on the internet are from there.

> > P.S. I tried to make the response private .. but you sent A) me the mail
> > AND the list.. and used a FAKE e-mail. MORON
>
> I think it is extremely rude to call someone a moron, and ridiculous
> when he's actually a PhD.  If you want to get your knickers in a twist
> about internet protocols, I suggest you a) stop being offensive b)
> learn spelling and grammar and c) sort out your WinNT(spit) mail
> software so that the rest of us don't have to wade through rubbish
> such as the following:

Does grammar include commas? like after grammar? lets not get into that.
And I do not care if someone is a Ph.D. (BTW or should I spell that out as
well, Ph.D. has a period in it), is everyone perfect or only some.. or are
only some with fallacies? The KEY issue is.. if you send to a very UNIQUE
address .. is there really a reason to FAKE your e-mail? and if not? why would
you FAKE your e-mail anyway? too many kiddie porn stuff CUMING (misspelled
intentionally)  your way?

MORON is a relative term.. used AS required, WHEN required . When someone that
can LOOK at the header of an e-mail to see that it was sent from -500 GMT to
ask WHAT EST =.. then by all means I will and can say they are lacking.. and
to called out for it.. means that not only am I (and yes I may seem to be
rude) rude but offended by the lack of resource of that person in question.

WE (and I do NOT speak for anyone other than myself) in the US think we own
the planet.... ok we are wrong.... but, to think that 300,000 people in a
REMOTE area should think that planet earth, thinks that the 300 million that
live in the OTHER EST should remember that 1% of EST = some other place is
sear madness.

If I had said germany would you have said WHERE in Germany?

Get off your UK thrown and live in the REAL world. SHOW up for the game
tonight.. I for one would like to TEACH you a lesson in manners

Ghod..

BTW moron is a term of endearment. (well it is to me) should I have used a
FAKE e-mail? fake host? fake user name? would have made it hard to get a match
started, don't you think?

and grammar and spelling are only for the snotty. I'm not perfect.. far from
it. but my point is made CLEARLY.

And if you don't like the EXTRA headers.. you know you can suppress them.

AND yes this is being sent under NT .. so SUE ME for still being open minded
enough to use OTHER OS's for what ever. Does the fact that I have NT install
on a different system doom me to hell for ever? Does that fact that I tried
OS/2 years ago mean that I'll never be a person? What does it mean? by all
means .. let everyone know.

And LAST but not least.. how do I, or anyone for that matter, know THAT person
is a Ph.D.? and even worse .. even care?

I'll let you in a very well know secret. The very first PC support call I made
in 1984, was to a Ph.D. in computer science. His computer failed, and he
couldn't make it work. He got nothing but a black screen. I'll give you
1,000,000 guesses as to what was wrong with his computer.

Guess 1,000,000 YEP he forgot to pull it in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now again.. what does Ph.D. mean? :)