Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: March 2000:
[Freeciv] Center of the world (a bit offtopic)

To: ghod <ghod@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Paul Dean <Paul.Dean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Center of the world (a bit offtopic)
From: Tobias Brox <tobiasb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 10:28:26 +0100 (MET)

> > Thanks for the info.  America is not the centre of the world, btw.
>
> ok it's not the center but 80% of the users on the internet are from there.

Duh.  Everybody knows that the center of the world is Finland.  All good
things like Linux, Nokia and so on comes from there.  Besides the people
there are very nice, though they don't speak other languages than Finnish.
(I know, I've hitched sometimes there :)

Except for that, I expect China to be the most significant country at
internet in some years.  You really only need three things to get big at
internet; you need some kind of connection (rather a good one) to the
world at large, you need a good access network and connected computers in
every home, and you need lots and lots of cheap workforce.  China has the
latter, and the two first is only a matter of time.

Except for that, it seems to me that the freeciv'ers, at least the
development team, is slightly more European than many other free
development communities.  I do think that the "center" (if one can be
defined) of freeciv-devel would be slightly east of the USA.  The reason
is quite simple, I think; in the USA games needs a lot of gory violent
sounds and graphics and female heros with big boobies to become popular.
We're slightly more sophisticated in Europe.

*duck*

--
Tobias Brox (alias TobiX) - +4722925871 - _urgent_ emails to
sms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.  Check our upcoming MMORPG at