Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: March 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: Center of the world (a bit offtopic)

To: Tobias Brox <tobiasb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Center of the world (a bit offtopic)
From: Lee Anderson <leea@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 19:22:16 +0800

> Except for that, it seems to me that the freeciv'ers, at least the
> development team, is slightly more European than many other free
> development communities.  I do think that the "center" (if one can be
> defined) of freeciv-devel would be slightly east of the USA.  The reason
> is quite simple, I think; in the USA games needs a lot of gory violent
> sounds and graphics and female heros with big boobies to become popular.
> We're slightly more sophisticated in Europe.

gory violent sounds and graphics and female heroes with big boobies? LOL.

I think the word you might be looking for is *Action* ;P

Don't look at me, I'm not defending the yanks. Personally I think the games that
enter the US market, and this is only a thought, is that there is more of a
teenage/child population who create the market for such games. Younger people
tend to want to be entertained or derive some entertainment value, and do so
though such action games - others, such as yourself and I, derive the same
entertainment out of strategical gameplay and the thought of knowing idle
thinking time is being used (not necessarily constructive, but in use none the
less).

Thats my two cents.

--
Lee Anderson
Student, Edith Cowan University, Perth Western Australia.