Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: March 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: tribal/national gods

To: Tony Stuckey <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Masheikh <Masheikh@xxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: tribal/national gods
From: Steven Burnap <sburnap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 16:57:03 -0800

At 12:56 PM 3/6/00 -0600, Tony Stuckey wrote:

        Not without significantly limiting it.  Which part of "No citizens
are ever unhappy", "Improvements which would make people happy require no
upkeep and produce gold instead", "10 units in each city have no upkeep",
and "Fanatic units never require upkeep" sounded fair to you?
        Even losing the +1 Trade/Square from Republic/Democracy and
halving the Science Research rate don't make up for that kind of rape of
basic game resource management.
--

Fundamentalism had one advantage, which was to make the AI more competitive.
I used to make a rule when playing Civ2 that I couldn't use Fundamentalism.

Steve Burnap