Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: October 1999:
[Freeciv] Re: Attacking problems

To: Michael Mielke <michael@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Manop 'Saphir' Huber" <croxsgfi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Attacking problems
From: Tony Stuckey <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 18:03:31 -0500

On Tue, Oct 05, 1999 at 05:52:15PM -0400, Michael Mielke wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Oct 1999, Manop 'Saphir' Huber wrote:
> > the next question is that I would like to know if a single unit can kill
> > 2 units just because they are on the same square in ONE turn with one
> > move.
>
> I think they can.  but if they can't, it would be based on amount of moves
> it has.

        When a battle is lost, all units on the losing square are removed.
Attacking takes a full movement point (attacks with less than a full
movement point remaining are reduced in strength).  Thus a Legion can
only attack once per turn, but can indeed kill multiple units.
        Only one unit is selected as a defender, having two Phalanx
together does not improve your defensive odds.  The only case in which
having multiple units together helps is if you somehow survive the first
attack and are attacked again a second time by a different unit.  The
undamaged Phalanx would be selected as the preferred defender.
--
Anthony J. Stuckey                              stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"And they said work hard, and die suddenly, because it's fun."