Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: December 1998:
Re: [Freeciv] Just to start the game : help !

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv] Just to start the game : help !
From: Lalo Martins <lalo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 00:57:36 -0200

On Dec 28, Nicolas FRANCOIS decided to present us with:

> But when I start a client, the program opens, the box 'connect' opens, and
> I am unable to connect. It says that there is no network found. The default
                                                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ahh here... could that be "network is unreacheable" or what?
This is the real clue.

Probably your kernel has no "dummy net interface" or the
loopback network interface isn't configured. Type
"/sbin/ifconfig/ host localhost" in that xterm and paste us the
output...

[]s,
                                               +----
--
     And the sign said the words of the prophets
 are written on the subway walls and tenement halls