Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-java: December 2001:
[FreeCiv-Java] Re: Build: jfreeciv FAILED to build

To: "Ben Mazur" <bmazur@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [FreeCiv-Java] Re: Build: jfreeciv FAILED to build
From: "Ross W. Wetmore" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 18:30:59 -0500

One can probably assume that the early-adopters of JFreeciv
will be sophisticated enough not to be deterred by installing
a Windows upgrade. There might be an issue if Microsoft has
done something more to their pre-installed version than a simple
upgrade would provide, though.

By the time JFreeciv really is out big time :-), 1.4 may be the
standard.

From a development perspective, developing to 1.4 with backwards
compatibility patches for 1.3 may make more sense. For one, the
longer things take the less the patch is needed, rather than the
reverse scenario where developing to 1.3, a 1.4 fix will always
be required.

It is worthwhile "testing" against 1.3, or documenting (in code
as well as Notes) what 1.4 specific things break in 1.3 as you
go.

Just my 2 cents ...

Cheers,
RossW