Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Image on your main web page

To: J R Parker <jparker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, Freeciv webmaster <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Image on your main web page
From: rp@xxxxxxxxxx (Reinier Post)
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 20:36:53 +0200

  Dear J,

> J R Parker wrote:
>
> >I'm working on a book on computer games, and would like to use the
> >screen shot of freeciv shown on your web page. I've attached it to
> >this mail message. I'm not keen to be too formal: if you respond with
> >YES or NO to this, and tell me how you'd like the image cited, I'd be
> >OK with that.

The attachment is missing, and I can't speak for the person who placed
the image, but there doesn't appear to be any copy right issue,
since the screenshot I've seen there is farily arbitrary and was made
with standard Freeciv (and hence free to use) graphics elements.

Just say: screenshot taken from the Freeciv website, www.freeciv.org,
July, 2006.  Used with permission.

All screenshots placed on freeciv.org were put there by individuals for
public consumption.  The freeciv.org owners or maintainers do not hold
copyrights or reserve the use of these pictures in any other way.
(We do weed out contributed material that violates copyrights of others,
of course.)

--
Reinier (webmaster)