Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Image on your main web page

To: J R Parker <jparker@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Image on your main web page
From: Jason Dorje Short <jdorje@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 21:36:30 -0400

J R Parker wrote:

I'm working on a book on computer games, and would like to use the screen shot of freeciv shown on your web page. I've attached it to this mail message. I'm not keen to be too formal: if you respond with YES or NO to this, and tell me how you'd like the image cited, I'd be OK with that.

I'm no lawyer and I don't know who made each particular screenshot but I think they are all GPL. For your purposes I think it would be sufficient if you give a link to the web site, and mention that the game and original source (graphics) can be downloaded from there.

-jason