Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#19268) start positions and rulesets

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#19268) start positions and rulesets
From: "Curtis Warren" <cwarren89@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 19:19:43 -0700

Actually, it turned out it was never fixed. When loading a scenario,
the nation pointers in map.start_positions apparently aren't
transfered when a new ruleset (and thus new nations) are loaded. You
end up with the correct start positions, just that the nations don't
match up anymore. It would be nice if the ruleset selection dropdown
was removed when the current game is a scenario, or at least if it has
start positions in it. At the time I didn't know how to change the
ruleset in the scenario, although I figured it out now.