Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Keys and battlegroups [Was: Re: (PR#15850) 1, 2, 3, and 4

To: joseph@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Keys and battlegroups [Was: Re: (PR#15850) 1, 2, 3, and 4 keys don't move unit]
From: "Egor Vyscrebentsov" <evyscr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 05:51:09 -0800

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 21:46:16 -0800
Joseph Cheek <joseph AT cheek.com> wrote:

> hmm - i see that the arrow keys now work as expected - could perhaps
> home, end, pgup, and pgdn be used to round out the diagonal direction
> keys and then we wouldn't need to use the number keys at all for movement?

Ok, main question is how's difficult to make user-defined keys?
(well, I don't know answer for gui-xaw yet.)

> Jason Short wrote:
> > Problem is 1, shift+1, ctrl+1, and ctrl+shift+1 are all commands for
> > battlegroups.
> >
> >    1 = select battlegroup 1
> >    shift+1 = select battlegroup 1 in addition to the current selection
> >    ctrl+1 = set current selection as battlegroup 1
> >    ctrl+shift+1 = appent current selection to battlegroup 1
> >
> > which is fairly powerful and intuitive, but doesn't really work if we
> > can't use 1.  So I don't know what to do with these 4 operations.

Is second operation really needed?
(there is no such thing in gui-xaw and I didn't feel discomfort)
And is there a possibility to exclude unit from battlegroup in gui-gtk-2.0 now?

--
Thanks, evyscr