Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#15850) 1, 2, 3, and 4 keys don't move unit

To: joseph@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#15850) 1, 2, 3, and 4 keys don't move unit
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 21:41:02 -0800

Joseph Cheek wrote:

> oh i see!  this is on a laptop, so num lock wasn't on, i was using the
> normal number keys at the top of the keyboard.
>
> could shift+1, shift+2, etc, be used?  i realize that this would present
> problems for some international keyboard layouts tho.  at least on a
> french keyboard, you have to hold down shift to *get* the  numbers at
> the top of the keyboard, as opposed to a US keyboard where unshifted you
> get 1 and shifted you get !.

Problem is 1, shift+1, ctrl+1, and ctrl+shift+1 are all commands for
battlegroups.

   1 = select battlegroup 1
   shift+1 = select battlegroup 1 in addition to the current selection
   ctrl+1 = set current selection as battlegroup 1
   ctrl+shift+1 = appent current selection to battlegroup 1

which is fairly powerful and intuitive, but doesn't really work if we
can't use 1.  So I don't know what to do with these 4 operations.

-jason