Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#15850) 1, 2, 3, and 4 keys don't move unit

To: joseph@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#15850) 1, 2, 3, and 4 keys don't move unit
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 21:12:49 -0800

Joseph Cheek wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> congrats on a great game!  I like what you have done with the map in
> 2.1.99-pre, especially the new default tileset.  but only half of the
> number keys on the number pad work - I can move with 6, 7, 8, and 9, but
> not with 1, 2, 3, or 4.  this makes it hard to precisely position a unit
> without (g)oto, which is very cumbersome for single-tile moves (and
> unworkable for missiles, which can no longer be moved with (g)oto and
> clicking on any tile that isn't a friendly city, even an enemy unit!)
>

> I guess this is really two bugs, the number pad bug and the missile
> movement bug.  If you could fix both, it would be great, but the number
> pad bug is certainly the more annoying.

This has been reported by Egor before, but I didn't realize how
crippling it was.

The problem is that in 2.1, the 1-4 keys have been stolen for use by
battlegroups.  But if this prevents the number pad from working...then
it's probably not acceptable.

So what we need is a new set of key controls for battlegroups.

-jason