Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#15736) airlift behaviour change proposal for 2.1

To: jarol1@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#15736) airlift behaviour change proposal for 2.1
From: "Egor Vyscrebentsov" <evyscr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 01:19:11 -0800

On Wed, 1 Mar 2006 13:48:16 -0800
Jason Short <jdorje AT users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Jaroslav Lib____k wrote:
> >
> > Since jdorje suggested any airlift behaviour change should be
> > discussed in a seperate ticket I'm making a proposal for new
> > behaviour in 2.1
> >
> > - airlift can only be carried out between two cities with airports
> > - any city can carry out only single outgoing airlift per turn
> > - a city can receive X units per turn by airlift, where X is size of the
> > city
> > - players can airlift units into allied cities
>
> Limiting incoming airlifts to the size of the city is not feasible.
> There is no good way to display this data, and it needs to be shown for
> the information to be usable.  As it is we should have an "airlifted"
> flag that can be shown on the city somewhere.
>
> We *could* drop the limitation entirely however.

Huh, I was, am and will be agianst dropping limitation. Momentary
huge mass movement for a long distance is a bad thing for me. (Yes,
unlimited railways movement is a bad thing for me too.)

Airlifting into teammates/allies cities should be allowed. (Well,
it should be allowed to cities, in which we can have our units.)

--
Thanks, evyscr