Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#15736) airlift behaviour change proposal for 2.1

To: jarol1@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#15736) airlift behaviour change proposal for 2.1
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 13:48:16 -0800

Jaroslav Libák wrote:

> Since jdorje suggested any airlift behaviour change should be discussed in a
> seperate ticket I'm making a proposal for new behaviour in 2.1
>
> - airlift can only be carried out between two cities with airports
> - any city can carry out only single outgoing airlift per turn
> - a city can receive X units per turn by airlift, where X is size of the city
> - players can airlift units into allied cities

Limiting incoming airlifts to the size of the city is not feasible.
There is no good way to display this data, and it needs to be shown for
the information to be usable.  As it is we should have an "airlifted"
flag that can be shown on the city somewhere.

We *could* drop the limitation entirely however.

-jason