Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14522) Hotseat mode

To: andrearo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14522) Hotseat mode
From: "Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa" <vasco.costa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 14:47:22 -0800

On 12/6/05, Andreas Røsdal <andrearo@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Dec 2005, Jason Short wrote:
> > I think there should be a new start-page choice "Start new hotseat game".
>
> Fixed.
>
> > Also, I don't quite understand the hotseat option.  If I set it to 2, I
> > play with 2 players from one client.  What if a second client connects?
>
> Mixing several players on the same client and players on other clients is
> not implemented, because it increases the complexity a lot. And, I doubt
> anyone will find it useful. Therefore, the second client will not be able
> to take any players.

Hello Andreas, nice to see you back :-)

Getting down to brass tacks, adding hotseat mode is a nice bullet point item,
but I do not think it is very useful. Well, not for any modern desktop anyway.
You can simply run two clients, one per player, and switch between them via
multitasking. Assuming there is an alternate phases game option that is.
Is there?

BTW, what happened to tile markers, did that go in? It seemed like such a nice
feature.

-Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa