Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14392) cut connection ... due to lagging player

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14392) cut connection ... due to lagging player
From: "Christian Knoke" <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 09:14:01 -0800

On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 10:16:55AM -0700, Jason Short wrote:

> The server should obviously never cut a player that has hack access.
>
> Except...I'm fairly sure this is already the case!

Just in case it's new - this is really occuring quite often and in various
situations - so I can't see a pattern and its never reproducible. Also,
there is no noticable difference in timing behaviour which may give a good
reason for civserver to assume that something's wrong IMVHO. The PC is
rather new.

I got the impression, though, that this happens more frequently when the
system (Sarge) is under load (hard disk, cpu). Right now I can't move ten
units before it breaks down.

chris@karl:~$ uptime
 19:13:32 up  7:51,  8 users,  load average: 1.56, 1.30, 0.92

Also, with your recent (short) patch this was reduced AFAICT but not gone.

I'll start civserver seperately now and tell you news.

Christian