Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: improving nations wiki page but keep readme.nations in

To: Jason Dorje Short <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Andreas Engel <mail@xxxxxxxxxx>, Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: improving nations wiki page but keep readme.nations in sync
From: Daniel Markstedt <himasaram@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 21:08:59 +0200

On 2005-10-16, at 18.11, Jason Dorje Short wrote:

Andreas Engel wrote:

i currently try to update the wiki page for nations but since the README file seems to be based on the wiki page i'm not able to find the references to class/group issues. i saw that at least a hint for required empty line at end of the rules file got added to the README.nations ... i plan to revamp the attributes section on the wiki page to be more in a table style and to add a short description of that attributes. i guess i'll have to parse the nations.c/h files by hand? any wishes how to keep svn readmes and wiki pages in sync? i think i should change the wiki first. but this could lead to trouble moving table / html structures to plain text readme files!? is there some other place where i can copy/paste more detailed informations about current requirements for nations files? my english is not common standard, i fear. so already existing documentation would solve the problem best way ;)

I believe README.nations is the most up-to-date documentation.

-jason

I based the technical parts of README.nations on the Nations wiki page. Basically, some changes of contents was made to reflect that the readme is supposed to be shipped with version 2.1, while the wiki page refers to the "development version".

Please feel free to report any inconsistencies or missing stuff!

Daniel