Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: New nation: The Westphalians

To: Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Moritz Muehlenhoff <jmm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: New nation: The Westphalians
From: Daniel Markstedt <himasaram@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 00:15:17 +0200

Hi Moritz!

There are a few things you should know about adding more nations:

Work against the development version! That's where we're adding new nations at the moment. Get a copy of the source from www.freeciv.org/index.php/Latest

Refer to the instructions at doc/README.nations in the source package to find out requirements and recommendations. For example, you need to replace the 'class' tag with a 'groups' tag, add civil war nations etc.

Most importantly, all flags must be provided as SVG, a vector image format. Try to find a fitting flag at www.openclipart.org or create one yourself. Two good open source SVG editors are Inkscape and Sodipodi.

Good luck!

Daniel