Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] improving nations wiki page but keep readme.nations in syn

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] improving nations wiki page but keep readme.nations in sync
From: Andreas Engel <mail@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 12:48:15 +0200

Am Samstag, 15. Oktober 2005 00:15 schrieb Daniel Markstedt:
> Hi Moritz!
>
> There are a few things you should know about adding more nations:
>
> Work against the development version! That's where we're adding new
> nations at the moment. Get a copy of the source from
> www.freeciv.org/index.php/Latest
>
> Refer to the instructions at doc/README.nations in the source package
> to find out requirements and recommendations. For example, you need to
> replace the 'class' tag with a 'groups' tag, add civil war nations etc.
>
> Most importantly, all flags must be provided as SVG, a vector image
> format. Try to find a fitting flag at www.openclipart.org or create one
> yourself. Two good open source SVG editors are Inkscape and Sodipodi.
>
> Good luck!
>
> Daniel

Hello Daniel,

i currently try to update the wiki page for nations but since the README file
seems to be based on the wiki page i'm not able to find the references to
class/group issues.
i saw that at least a hint for required empty line at end of the rules file
got added to the README.nations ... i plan to revamp the attributes section
on the wiki page to be more in a table style and to add a short description
of that attributes. i guess i'll have to parse the nations.c/h files by hand?

any wishes how to keep svn readmes and wiki pages in sync? i think i should
change the wiki first. but this could lead to trouble moving table / html
structures to plain text readme files!?

is there some other place where i can copy/paste more detailed informations
about current requirements for nations files?
my english is not common standard, i fear. so already existing documentation
would solve the problem best way ;)

regards
andreas engel