Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#13857) Complementary Ancient Greek nation

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#13857) Complementary Ancient Greek nation
From: "Daniel Markstedt" <himasaram@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 14:17:36 -0700

This is a modified Ancient Greek nation to complement the Hellenes.

I made it Ancient only: the Medieval Greeks are represented by the
Byzantines. (Greeks after the fall of Byzantium was completely
dominated by the Ottoman Turks.)

The city list is updated to reflect native Greek orthography: Not the
Latin names established after Roman conquest. To produce correct
spellings, I used these articles as reference:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koine_Greek
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_traditional_Greek_place_names

Other changes to city list:
- Placed two early cultural centers at top of list: Mykenai (Mycenae)
and Knossos.
- Removed Thermopylae since it is the name of mountain pass, not a city.
- Added Aleksandreia (Alexandria) since Alexander himself is on the
leader list.

Plus two new leaders and changed ruleset to point at the old Greece
flag.

Daniel