Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13419) mouse wheel can break GTK client

To: chrisk@xxxxxxxxx, jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13419) mouse wheel can break GTK client
From: "Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa" <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 13:50:32 -0700

On Mon, 5 Sep 2005, Mateusz Stefek wrote:

> Hello. We have found anoying problem which occurs when a GtkPaned is
> inserted as a page to a GtkNotebook.
> When you move your mouse over that handle which is used to adjust
> division in GtkPaned and you use your mouse whell then the page is
> changed in the notebook.
> Even if this looks ok for someone, this is a major problem for us.
> Because we hide pages on the GtkNotebook from users and we don't want to
> allow user to change pages when he wants. Of course we use
> gtk_notebook_set_show_tabs(notebook, FALSE).
> This is a way we implement different screens in Freeciv.
>
> Can anyone help us?
> I've attached a simple program, which demonstrates the problem.

Have you reported this bug to the GTK+ bug tracker yet?
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/

I have reported many bugs in GTK+ for Freeciv before, and they were
usually fixed. An alternative is to try out speaking directly with one of
the devs in #gtk+ at irc.gimp.org. Make sure you have a simple
program which demonstrates the bug, or a step by step way to reproduce it
with one of the bundled apps such as testgtk or gtk-demo plus possibly
screenshots.

---