Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13262) pubserver-in-a-diff

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13262) pubserver-in-a-diff
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 02:09:56 -0700

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005, Jason Short wrote:

> >>Is this supposed to apply in non-pubserver mode too?
> >
> > That was the general idea...
>
> But in single-player mode that is too restrictive.

It will be very rare for this to happen. You will have to load a savegame
that was played by multiple human players and try to play it as single
player, otherwise it will not be a problem.

However, there should be some way to get the game to start if you have
hack cmdlevel, though. Not sure how.

> >>Perhaps the check should be changed so that all non-AI players must be
> >>ready.Then if you have (in new games or loaded games) a created player
> >>you must either wait for someone to connect to him or aitoggle him.And
> >>this should apply in both modes.
> >
> > Then all you need to do to cheat is to aitoggle your opponents and start
> > the savegame... Very bad.
>
> You shouldn't be allowed to aitoggle players inpregame in pubserver mode?

You can, it just doesn't help you start the game.

  - Per