Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12905) RFC: normalizing the effects of happiness b

To: saywhat@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12905) RFC: normalizing the effects of happiness buildings
From: "Peter Schaefer" <peter.schaefer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 09:21:07 -0700

On 4/30/05, Brian Dunstan <bdunstan149@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I don't think you can really stop a smallpox island
> > game from making players go for Republic, simply
> > because it has more research and that
> > cannot change.
>
> Getting rid of smallpox is simple, getting agreement
> on how to get rid of it is hard.  Citymindist 4-5 gets
> rid of smallpox.  Military unhappines of 2 per unit,
> with no initial no-unhappiness unit, would help poison
> the republican well for smallpoxers.

Well, we talked about Monarchy, and that government has less military
upkeep, i.e. free units, so maybe having an upkeep of 2 for some or
all units would make Monarchy more popular. Maybe not as first tech,
but at least as an option to switch to. But well, yes that needs
agreement. Also, smallpox games lead to quick action, while largepox
games as they are done now have long phases with nothing to do, so its
not like smallpox hasn't a few things speaking for it. So, ruleset
rooms on pubserver with some ruleset designed by a comittee ;-) would
be nice, to forge agreements :-)