Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12849) Client crash, 2.0.0 Win32 - science dialog?

To: jacobn+freecivrt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12849) Client crash, 2.0.0 Win32 - science dialog?
From: "jacobn+freecivrt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jacobn+freecivrt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 12:03:13 -0700

I played another game with the 2.0.0 release, running under MinGW gdb
in the hope of getting a backtrace, but no luck; just the same Windows
error catch as before and gdb giving "Program exited with
code 037777777777".

However, the crash was once again on a science dialog popup, and on
the partially drawn dialog there was a random "0" to the right of the
tech/goal drop-downs. (Unfortunately I fumbled my chance to get a
screenshot.) This makes me almost positive that this crash is related to
PR#12252.

I haven't tried binary-chop on 2.0.0 betas yet, but if it is related to
PR#12252 then that goes back to beta7 at least.