Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12849) Client crash, 2.0.0 Win32 - science dialog?

To: jacobn+freecivrt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12849) Client crash, 2.0.0 Win32 - science dialog?
From: "jacobn+freecivrt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jacobn+freecivrt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 03:55:20 -0700

> If possible, could you try the various win32 2.0 betas in the
> ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/beta/ directory and tell me which one the
> crashes originate from?  I know it's a bit of a tall order, but these
> RPT files are pretty much useless as they don't reference any freeciv code.

Presumably stack backtraces would be more useful. I don't currently
have a means of getting them, though.

I have previously played beta7, beta8, and rc1, although not
necessarily more than a couple of turns in some cases.

> (Of course if the crashes start from beta 2... :)

This could take a while, as the only strategy I have for trying to
reproduce this is to play through a game for a while. (The last save
file for the crash just reported is at 1350 BC.)

> Also, could you give the versions of your comctl32.dll and user.exe
> files?  As well, are you running all the latest patches and drivers for
> your hardware?

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\COMCTL32.DLL:
  File version: 5.80
  Product Version 5.00.2614.3500
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\USER.EXE:
  File version: 4.10.2227
  Product Version: 4.10.2222
  Special Build Description: QFE

I believe I have more or less every available driver and OS update,
but the hardware is ancient as is Win98 so there haven't been many
released recently.

(Cheers for your work on the other bugs I reported, BTW.)