Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12686) new effect slow_down_timeline

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12686) new effect slow_down_timeline
From: "Benoit Hudson" <bh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 09:51:34 -0800

> [kauf - Tue Mar 29 07:21:21 2005]:

> I really don't like this effect. I think we should just remove the code
> completely. they're dumb rules. In terms of civ2 compatibility, it doesn't
> change gameplay at all.

It changes it if you have an endyear <= 1750 and
manage to build a spacecraft close to the endyear
in turns but far enough away in years.  I'm not sure
*I* care, but if it's already implemented...

README.effects: I prefer the wording:
"Reduces the number of years/turn.  If AMOUNT ...
 The effect is ignored if the timeline already moves
 at fewer years/turn."
Because I'm too dumb to figure out what "slower" means
(fewer turns/year or years/turn?)  I don't care too much
about the effect name.

The world-wide effect idea is good; presumably it should
become the way to implement things like manhatten and
apollo.