Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12642) Voting considered harmful

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12642) Voting considered harmful
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 09:15:30 -0800

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005, ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >- First player to join becomes 'game host'; if the 'game host' player
> >  leaves the game, the game is restarted; only the 'game host' may
> >  change settings, and only during pregame.
>
> I don't like this, for pubserver games it isn't really userfriendly when
> a game restarts when on 1 player is reconnecting (24h disconnect, other
> problems)

I meant that the 'game host' only exists in pregame, once the game starts
it does not matter anymore that he leaves.

> >- Doing /endgame during the game removes you from the game; using
> >  "set endyear" is deprecated and left for single player games.
>
> How does a game with 1 human and rest ai's end? A game with 2 humans in
> a duel which is decided (+2 ais)

You mean a pubserver game where the other players have /ai'ed themselves
and left?  Good question. We could rule that once there is only one human
player left in the game, he can /endgame and win.

> Changing timeout can be only done by the cheating player? (timeout is
> the most used command (before /dead) on pubserver)

I forgot about timeout. Any ideas?

  - Per