Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11686) unit_list_size(&ptile->units) == 0

To: chrisk@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11686) unit_list_size(&ptile->units) == 0
From: "Marko Lindqvist" <marko.lindqvist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 02:56:09 -0800

Jason Short wrote:

> A backtrace isn't likely to be useful for this bug.  Only if you can
> reproduce it or tell us what these crashes had in common (previously
> there was a bug associated with watchtower vision) can we trace it down.
>
> Fortunately the bug isn't that dangerous.  When we remove the assert the
> code to correct the error will take over and everything will work ok.

  It's unlikely, but savegame might help even if one cannot reproduce
bug from it. It can still give hints what parts of code contribute to
crash. Are there fortresses/submarines/units with vision > 1/shared
vision units/allied units/transported units around? Is that unit that
actually triggers assert our own/allied/shared vision/just
killed/settler building a city... ?

  - ML