Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#11497) server freeze on 2.0 beta7

To: sj@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#11497) server freeze on 2.0 beta7
From: "Guest" <rt-guest@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 03:55:45 -0800

> [mstefek - Fri Feb 11 09:47:24 2005]:
>
> > 1: Workers at 24,68 (Plains) has activity Irrigation, which it can't
> > continue!
>
> This is because another worker has changed the only adjacent irrigated
> tile into forest.

Don't think it's that, I didn't have anything but irrigate (grassland
and plains), clean pollution and road/railroad running. Anyways mine
doesn't appear to crash due to that either:
1: Workers at 24,68 (Plains) has activity Irrigation, which it can't
continue!
Game saved as europe+1510.sav.gz

> That isn't very helpful... Try compiling with "-g" and without
> "-fomit-frame-pointer" next time. e.g. "-O2 -g -march=athlon64 -pipe".

Yes, that's what I was gonna try next :) But didn't I read somewhere
that -fomit-frame-pointer only harms on some archs and not on x86 (and
at the end of the day x86_64 is just an "update" afaik)? Mh seem too
have misunderstood something.. Anyways, here we go:
gdb civserver core
GNU gdb 6.0
are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"...
(no debugging symbols found)...Using host libthread_db library "/lib/
tls/libthread_db.so.1".

/home/sjf/core: No such file or directory.
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/games/bin/civserver
(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...
(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...
(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...
(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...This is
the server for Freeciv version 2.0.0-beta7 (beta version)
You can learn a lot about Freeciv at http://www.freeciv.org/

THIS IS A BETA VERSION
Freeciv 2.0.0 will be released in
February, at http://www.freeciv.org/

2: Now accepting new client connections.

For introductory help, type 'help'.
> load !crap/europe+1500.sav.gz

(no debugging symbols found)...
2: Connection request from sjf from localhost
2: c1 has client version 2.0.0-beta7
2: sjf has connected from localhost.

Now I've got a problem, bt full doesn't show anything useable, and if I
hold enter it just continues counting up only the number, at least
eventually:
No symbol table info available.
#11142 0x00000000004afb78 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#11143 0x00000000004afb78 in ?? ()
I don't have to recompile everything with the new CFLAGS do I? And if I
do, is it be enough if I recompile everything without -fomit-frame-
pointer but only freeciv with -g?
This time I installed freeciv with CFLAGS="-march=athlon64 -O2 -pipe -g"

Steffen

PS: How can I get my password for this if I lost it, email
rtadmin@xxxxxxxxxxx?
PPS: Changed title to reflect server update