Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12041) CMA / preset tab

To: kenn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12041) CMA / preset tab
From: "Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa" <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 13:29:58 -0800

> [chrisk - Thu Feb 03 19:34:39 2005]:
>
> But, please note - for the records - that the city dialog in german
> locale now has full screen width (1024 px) from the start. It can be
> resized by hand, but only a few pixel smaller and blows up again very
> soon.
>
> The city dialog in german locale always (even in GTK1) used to be
> somewhat bigger than the english, but now I think, we're at the top of
> the edge.

The problem seems to be due to the worklist: the building names and
string descriptions are too long. I marked the problem areas in this
screenshot.

I see two possible solutions:
1) Put the source tasks list on top of the destination worklist
   instead of side-by-side.
2) Use a smaller font for the list contents.