Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12041) CMA / preset tab

To: kenn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12041) CMA / preset tab
From: "Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa" <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 17:51:59 -0800

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005, Christian Knoke wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 29, 2005 at 07:59:57PM -0800, Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa
> wrote:

> > Minor and final (I hope) tweak to the new CMA UI patch.
> >

> This is great!
>
> I have played around some time and couldn't break it.
>
> Two minor things: I think the help button should be placed near the other
> buttons. The text "For information about the CMA ..." is not necessary IMHO,
> there is a good help, and the help also points to README.cma. Also, this
> makes the window overall bigger, you can see this from the supported units
> window (main tab), which has empty space below the units.
>
> The other wish I have is the double click. Right now, you click on the
> preset, and then on the new big enable button. If the CMA is already
> enabled, a single click on another preset name changes it. Is there a reason
> not to make a double click work as selecting the preset *and* enabling it?

The problem is I'm hooking up on the "activate" signal. This is emited both
when a user presses SPACE on a list item, or when you double-click the mouse
over it.

If I did what you propose, a keyboard user would always activate a preset,
never just select it.

Would this be bad? (I don't use the CMA so I dunno)

---