Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12041) CMA / preset tab

To: kenn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12041) CMA / preset tab
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 21:48:20 -0800

Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa wrote:

>>[chrisk - Sat Jan 29 22:12:55 2005]:
>>
>>There is *no* feedback when I move the sliders, whether the setting is
>>possible or not. This had been visible from the up right table before.
>

> This seems to be a feature of the new core CMA code changes. The GTK+
> 1.2 client has the same issue. Perhaps Jason or the author can help.

Ahh, I see the problem.

The function refresh_cma_dialog in the GUI code used to use
cm_query_result.  This was absurd so I changed it to use
cm_copy_result_from_city.  The problem is this same function is called
when a slider is moved (when cm_query_result *should* be called) and
when the city dialog is just opened (when cm_query_result absolutely,
positivily, should not be called).  Note that cm_query_result is already
called for any city changes (including worklist changes and completely
unrelated stuff like that); this is unrelated.

So we need a separate function to be called in the callback as is called
when the dialog is opened.  This is up to the GUI authors.  This issue
probably affects all GUIs.

Also note that my previous mail is also correct: even before this there
were some out-of-sync-widget problems.  This also must be up to the GUI
authors to fix, but bug reporters can make it easier by giving exact
steps to reproduce any problems.

-jason