Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12037) Progress bar merged with combo box - faster pro

To: mstefek@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12037) Progress bar merged with combo box - faster production change
From: "Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa" <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 21:24:45 -0800

> [mstefek - Fri Jan 28 16:48:11 2005]:
>
> What do you think about this patch?
> It merges production progress bar with combo box which allows to
> change production very quickly.
> I know that combo boxes with more than a few items are against some
> HIGs , but IMO with this patch the interface is better

I think this patch is really cool! ;-)

The problem is, you are using GTK+ 2.4.1 functionality (our minimum
requirement at present is GTK+ 2.2.1). Also, the S2_0 branch is
basically in feature freeze, so I feel this should be a 2.1.x feature.

The unit labels are unaligned with the building labels, and I'm unsure
how this would look like with a really huge list, but other than that, I
like it. A lot.