Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Germans and Adolf Hitler

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Germans and Adolf Hitler
From: Ruben Zilibowitz <rzilibow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 02:03:59 +1100

I chanced upon a game on one of the pubservers where someone had the name "Adolf Hitler" and was playing as the Germans of course. It didn't occur to me at the time that it was probably a chance random selection by their client which features this player name as one of it's predefined options.

I know it is nice to have a civilization simulation featuring completeness, but I think Hitler should be removed from the list. It is not kosher (pun intended) to have that in the game, and for people to play with the name of this recent genocidal killer. It is a terribly provocative and contentious two words.

I wouldn't want to play against someone in any game who called themselves by such a name.

What are your opinions about this?

Ruben