Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Germans and Adolf Hitler

To: miguel@xxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Germans and Adolf Hitler
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 13:07:07 -0600 (CST)

I tend to agree with Miguel.  There are many leaders comparable in their
cruelty with Hitler.  For me, Stalin definitely is one of them, since his
policies killed some of my relatives while Hitler planned to but couldn't.
What distinguishes Hitler from the rest is the taboo about his person.

Going further, there are probably no political leaders who do not inspire
negative emotions in some people.  I know some people who really dislike
Ghandi, for example.

But to accommodate the concerns of Ruben we can introduce the flags into
rulesets that prevent certain leaders from being assigned randomly.

Gr.