Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Germans and Adolf Hitler

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Germans and Adolf Hitler
From: Miguel Farah <miguel.farah@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 13:03:13 -0300

Er... so what if someone wants to play with that name?

Not that I'm a fan of AH (I'M NOT!), but he WAS the leader of the
germans at some
point in their history.

If we agree that "awful" leaders shouldn't be listed in the Freeciv
data files, how do
we determine who gets to be thrown out? Few people, if any, will
object to Hitler
being removed from the german data file. But what about Franco from the spanish
data file? Pinochet from the chilean? Mortadelo from the spanish file?
Any number
of medieval or earlier kings that did some war atrocity against
another nation? Or
someone we don't really like (for example, I'd be thrilled to remove
O'Higgins from
the chilean data file and Perón from the argentinian one, because I
dislike both of
them)?

Where should the line be drawn?

I think it's best if it's kept as it is. I know I can choose some
other leader whenever
I play as a german.

--
Miguel Farah