Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#11080) FOW BUG

To: Watershape@xxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#11080) FOW BUG
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 19:02:32 -0800

> [jdorje - Fri Nov 19 23:01:07 2004]:

> Here's another stab in the dark.
>
> Apply the attached patch (patch -p0 < isofog.diff), and drop the .png
> file into data/isotrident/.  Then rebuild (with "make").

According to the original bug reporter this patch fixed it.

The patch removed the black50 internally-generated bitmap, added a
black50 "fog" bitmap to the tileset, and used that instead.  This is
probably a better method in the long run because it allows the tileset
to control the method of fogging.  But I have no idea why it would fix
this problem.  Is this a drawing bug in GTK with small tiled stipple
masks?  Is it a bug in XDM (?) data?

-jaosn