Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#11080) FOW BUG

To: Watershape@xxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#11080) FOW BUG
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 13:55:01 -0800

> [Watershape@xxxxxxx - Fri Nov 19 06:06:40 2004]:
>
> I there!
>
> I tried out the 1st beta and noticed that the 3th has the same
> 'cosmetic'
> problem about fog of war. For example, when i move the screen it saves
> me in
> some way a vertical line that is from the previouse position window
> limit, and
> some mouse moves can noise him too.
> I would like an uniforme fog of war like previouse versions, there is
> more
> graphical harmony.

Now this is odd.

Compare

  http://rt.freeciv.org/Ticket/Attachment/75415/51775/BUG3.png

  http://rt.freeciv.org/Ticket/Attachment/75419/51782/nobug.png

the most obvious problem is the vertical lines on the first one.  But if
you zoom in (8:1 or so) you can see the individual pixels.  And the fog
on the first one isn't even the right tile that's being used.  It's
supposed to be 1 out of 4 pixels that are drawn black, but in most
places in BUG3.png there are vertical black lines every other pixel.

Could this be a GTK or GDK bug?  He said his gtk version was 2.2.4.
Vasco, do you have any idea?

-jason