Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10972) Enabling sound breaks game help in gtk-clie

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10972) Enabling sound breaks game help in gtk-client (??)
From: "Knut Omang" <komang@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 13:09:22 -0800

> It doesn't look like there's anything useful here.  When you did this,
> did you have the problem of no helptexts being displayed?

Yes, I verified that the problem was there while running valgrind

On Thu, 2004-11-18 at 17:56, Jason Short wrote:

> Next question: what version of gtk are you using?

recent fedora-2 version from freshrpms,

rpm -qi gtk2-2.4.13-2.1
Name        : gtk2                         Relocations: (not
relocatable)
Version     : 2.4.13                            Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
Release     : 2.1                           Build Date: Fri 15 Oct 2004
08:23:13 PM CEST
Install Date: Sat 06 Nov 2004 01:39:09 PM CET      Build Host:
tweety.build.redhat.com
Group       : System Environment/Libraries   Source RPM:
gtk2-2.4.13-2.1.src.rpm
Size        : 12648866                         License: LGPL
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Tue 19 Oct 2004 03:45:09 PM CEST, Key ID
b44269d04f2a6fd2
Packager    : Red Hat, Inc. <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla>
URL         : http://www.gtk.org
Summary     : The GIMP ToolKit (GTK+), a library for creating GUIs for
X.
Description :
The gtk+ package contains the GIMP ToolKit (GTK+), a library for
creating graphical user interfaces for the X Window System. GTK+ was
originally written for the GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) image
processing program, but is now used by several other programs as well.

rpm -qi gtk2-devel-2.4.13-2.1
Name        : gtk2-devel                   Relocations: (not
relocatable)
Version     : 2.4.13                            Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
Release     : 2.1                           Build Date: Fri 15 Oct 2004
08:23:13 PM CEST
Install Date: Sat 06 Nov 2004 01:38:57 PM CET      Build Host:
tweety.build.redhat.com
Group       : Development/Libraries         Source RPM:
gtk2-2.4.13-2.1.src.rpm
Size        : 12742952                         License: LGPL
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Tue 19 Oct 2004 03:45:11 PM CEST, Key ID
b44269d04f2a6fd2
Packager    : Red Hat, Inc. <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla>
URL         : http://www.gtk.org
Summary     : Development tools for GTK+ applications.
Description :
The gtk+-devel package contains the static libraries and header files
needed for developing GTK+ (GIMP ToolKit) applications. The
gtk+-devel package contains glib (a collection of routines for
simplifying the development of GTK+ applications), GDK (the General
Drawing Kit, which simplifies the interface for writing GTK+ widgets
and using GTK+ widgets in applications), and GTK+ (the widget set).

rpm -qa | grep -i sdl
SDL_net-devel-1.2.5-1
SDL-1.2.7-3
SDL-devel-1.2.7-3
SDL_image-1.2.3-4.1
SDL_mixer-1.2.5-2
SDL_mixer-devel-1.2.5-2
SDL_image-devel-1.2.3-4.1
SDL_net-1.2.5-1

So you are not able to see the problem on your system?

Knut