Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#10972) Enabling sound breaks game help in gtk-client (

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#10972) Enabling sound breaks game help in gtk-client (??)
From: "Knut Omang" <komang@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 14:17:58 -0800

In general the client seems to work fine both with/without sound, but
game help is crippled with sound enabled..

Game help is ok as long as sound is not enabled. Once I enable stdsounds
by putting stdsounds.soundspec into /usr/local/share/freeciv just as
downloaded, I am no longer able to read help about units, techs, terrain
(there are no subitems under either Units, Terrain or anything)

Seems to be locale independent..

I tried today's CVS S2_0 and HEAD - same for both..

Regards,

Knut Omang

--
Knut Omang, Ph.D.
Senior Research Scientist, Fast Search & Transfer ASA