Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10858) Oracle doesn't work on Temples

To: saywhat@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10858) Oracle doesn't work on Temples
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 09:56:55 -0800

(Eddie Anderson) wrote:

>      I was thinking more about Copernicus' Observatory and I
> came up with new ruleset entry for its "effect".  If I've written
> it properly it *truly* doubles the science output of the city where
> it is built.

The way you have it written makes it insanely powerful.  It is rather
powerful as it is.

Also "Boosts science by 100%" does not mean doubles science.  It is
understood that percentage increases are additive not multiplicative.
You're talking about "doubles all science".

Finally you don't handle Newton or SETI.  I think it's impossible to
handle them because that would require two reqs.  Interestingly this
shows a situation where the reqs would have different ranges.  E.g.

   "name", "range", "value", "req1_type", "req1_range", "req1" \
                             "req2_type", "req2_range", "req2"
   "Science_Bonus", "Player", 100, "Building", "City", "University" \
                                   "Building", "Player", "Newton"

eventually the above should become our effects format and multiple reqs
should be allowed.  Until then doing this is impossible.

jason