Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10858) Oracle doesn't work on Temples

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10858) Oracle doesn't work on Temples
From: "(Eddie Anderson)" <saywhat@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 02:36:12 -0800

>>l Jason Short wrote:
>> >
>> > Looks to me like the oracle is just wrong in the ruleset.  Does this
>> > patch give the correct behavior?

>> Can you confirm that this patch fixes the problem?

    Confirmed.  Oracle works correctly with the patch.  Thanks.

    The bad news is that I think I found another similar problem:
the ruleset definition of Newton's College may need the same type of
fix.

    I also wondered if maybe Newton's value field needs to be bumped
from 100 to 150 to match Newton's new definition (i.e. doubling the
effect of a university).

    What do you think?

    There is another side effect of the recent revisions to the
definitions of the buildings that provide research bonuses:
Copernicus is now little more than an expensive library (its only
advantage over a library being its lack of upkeep cost).

Eddie