Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2521) effects patch

To: kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2521) effects patch
From: "Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa" <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 13:33:44 -0700

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004, Jason Short wrote:

> Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 25 Aug 2004, Jason Short wrote:

> >>What's the difference between an eff, an eft, and an effect?  Can't we
> >>just always call it an effect?
> >

> > eff is a struct effect, eft is an enum effect_type.
>
> IMO that's bad.  Aside from that they look almost identical eft is also
> a suitable shortening of effect.  Can we just call them effect and
> effect_type?
>
> I'm not concerned with local variables but with global or file-wide
> types or fields.  I was rather confused by the EFF types in packets.def.
>   There is nothing about the REQ type that would make the casual reader
> think it has anything to with effects.

I've already renamed this stuff more than once. I suggest you and Mike
agree on names for whatever you don't think is clear enough and present
me the name list for approval afterwards. You are the native speakers
after all. :-)

I was just trying to avoid Pascal or Hungarian notation like names, which
I loathe.

---