Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2521) effects patch

To: kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2521) effects patch
From: "Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa" <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 13:25:28 -0700

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004, Jason Short wrote:

> Why do you replace the Space_Part effect with individual effects for
> each type of space part?  It seems simple to me that Space_Part should
> be just one effect with the particular part forming an option for the
> effect.

Makes no functional difference for the present ruleset. But this way the
effects data is self-descriptive (what is more readable: "SS_Module",
"1", or "Space_Part", "3"?).

> If it's not going to be used it should be removed.  As it is Space_Part
> is left in the code and rulesets unused (or at least unnecessary).

Unused stuff is already easy to remove. So it didn't bother me much.
Besides, that is hardly the main offender in the unused stuff universe.

---