Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9482) Patch: add hex-tile support to Freeciv

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9482) Patch: add hex-tile support to Freeciv
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 08:10:40 -0700

Mateusz Stefek wrote:

> On 2004-07-23 06:18:43, Jason Short wrote:

>>This patch adds hex-tile support to Freeciv.  I think it is simple
>>enough to warrant direct inclusion at this point.
>>
>>Please review.
>>
>>jason
>>

> With topology=15 map grid works and units move naturally

Oh, I guess I should have read on before replying.

(topology == 15 is a torus, btw)

> But this river looks stupid

Yes.  The tileset is incomplete and does not have graphics for rivers
running vertically (the code couldn't handle them when the tileset was
made).

In PR#9379 I created some (pretty crappy) new river graphics that can be
used with isophex.  Drop rivers.spec and rivers.png into the isophex
directory and add isophex/rivers.spec to the file list in isophex.tilespec.

jason