Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9446) puppeteer bugfixes (resend)

To: nikodimka <nikodimka@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9446) puppeteer bugfixes (resend)
From: "Guillermo Lopez Alejos" <100030179@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 10:02:29 +0200 (CEST)

>> If we are thinking in use puppeteer's output as input of other
>> programs (like ai players), this output has to become formated. I
>> think XML would be useful here.

> I understand whole thing about GPL and your freedom of choice,
> but as creator of puppeteer I would object against XML.

Hi Nikodimka,

I don't want to bother anyone. I was working on puppeteer and thougth
that the output messages should be formalized so another program can
understand them, that's why I proposed XML. Anyway I wonder what other
choice do we have.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to prepare puppeteer to work with output
plugins, so we can have a human readable output and a formalized
lenguage separately or it can be defined at compile time.

What do you think about this?.

Have you seen the little changes I have made?.

Regards,

--
Guillermo López Alejos - N.I.A. 100030179
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid