Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9433) Patch: MSVC compile fixes

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9433) Patch: MSVC compile fixes
From: caveman <c4v3m4n@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 08:23:37 -0400

Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa wrote:

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004, Frank Richter wrote:

On 20.07.2004 16:37, c4v3m4n@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I haven't been able to give it a shot yet, but I plan on attempting to
compile Freeciv using Mingw/Gcc on Windows using Eclipse to handle both
the compiling and CVS management of the Freeciv CVS tree.  As soon as I
do get a chance to try this out I'll let everyone know how it goes.
I've successfully connected to the Freeciv CVS server using Eclipse 3.0
with the CDT plugin, so hopefully it won't be a monumental challenge to
compile it through Eclipse as well.
Well, I just did so :)

It's actually quite easy. I used Eclipse 3.0 + CDT 2.0 with MinGW, MSYS
& msysDTK, although the instructions probably also apply to other platforms.

I posted your comment, plus information on how to compile the source
without Eclipse at the forum here:
http://www.freeciv.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=210

---

I'm working on a similar, and hopefully even more easy-to-follow-for-newbies, Freeciv compiling on Windows using Eclipse 3.0 guide. I've posted the preliminary info on my website: http://caveserv.homelinux.net/geeklog/html/article.php?story=20040722074532161

I'll be adding a few pictures and much more detail in regards to setting up MingW and MSys within a few days.

-Jeremy